Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ignorance is Bliss

I was in boston visiting my friend Mukul (aka magar). Giving me a guided tour of Boston, he took me to the MIT science museum. If you happen to go there definitely see the hologram section. It is amazing.

Being engineers, Me and Mukul were carefully disecting all the exhibits and having the "wow" affect when we discovered the principle by which the exhibit works. But one small incident made us both miss the times when we had no idea of how these things worked and simply enjoyed the exhibits.

We were making our calculations infront of a exhibit getting pissed of on not being able to crack the funda when a small kid comes to the exhibit, looks at the result, jumps in joy, laughs and leaves feeling very happy. We both stared at each other both of us had expression of bemusement on our faces. These are the times when you feel Ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Well hello fellow Catching The Light fan! Ah, holography. You speak my language. You know I got to shake the hand of Emmet Leith once-- the Elvis of the laser holography world. Did you see many of Benton's work in the museum? Simply magical.

Have a swell day!