Monday, June 13, 2005

Who wants Mokhsya?

Mokhsya is defined as the state where you know everything that is there to be learned. You have no material feelings and no desires. Nothing can make you sad or happy. In the state of Mokhsya you have your union with the one. You become the ONE.

Hindu Philosophy says that all living beings go through the cycle of life and death trying to achieve the Mokhsya. Until you achieve that state you will have to pass through all the pain of material life again and again and again. And our purpose of life should be to achieve mokhsya.

But given a choice, I would rather like to go through this life again. It hasn’t been that bad after all. I would want to again go through the playful and carefree childhood. Again go through the entertaining youth. Again bring smiles to the faces of people I love. Celebrate with them in their moments of triumph, console them in their moments of sorrow. Basically, I want to live this life again rather than being transformed into something with no feelings like a rock. I might be wrong in my whole interpretation but if I am right then I will try hard to do things so that I never achieve mokhsya.

12 comments:

vishnoi said...

i always felt that mokhsya is for those who are not 'exactly' happy with their life. for those who desire more/something else, that they know/have... and hence go on to look for the 'truth' behind all forms of life.. et al. if one's happy with their life.. u have attained peace. and mokhsya is one of the ways of attaining peace :) ..

guess thoda philosophical fart ;)

Anonymous said...

Listen to Smells Like Teen spirit Panda :)

Anonymous said...

bushy.. that makes sense! :) and given a chance I would like to be reborn as Stone Gossard! (If you dont know who he is, you obviously havent experienced moksha!)

vishnoi said...

i sure DIDn't know who Stone Gossard was! but just googled! and am downloading some of his stuff now.. since u've experienced moksha... listening to him.. i'll try to find i can too :D
any favs for the play list?

Anonymous said...

Abbe panda.. intersesting thoughts of urs.. they have opened a can of worms/ key to a lively debate depending on how u look at it. I for one believe in the innate greatness of experience of life of joy or suffering. Mokshya is just a theory to make some of us feel better(which is rather ironic)... So as Joey says... after you dead...you are gone...you are worm food.

Anonymous said...

And Joey is always right, because he leads such a simple and painless life! :)

Anonymous said...

One of the problems with my line of thought is that though this life has been gud if I am sent back to the material world I will have another life and I dont know whether it will be as gud..so am I ready to take the risk of living a worse life as compared to achieving mokhsya..

Shrini said...

mokshya is nothingness... basically it is a debatable point Is is better to have a painful experience than to feel nothing at all What is the right answer? The actual answer, my friend, is There is no spoon So just fork and be happy

Golu said...

abey bindaas tension mat lo..daaru maaro...have extra marital affairs... eat chicken and enjoy maadi

Sandeep Bala said...

Hamein na Mokshya chahiye, na Moksha. Indian Rock sucks, but then I've never heard FFF. Can FFF give you Mokshya?

Anonymous said...

of course bala it can..it can

Anonymous said...

sala mujhe nahin maloom tha mere is faart pe log itane jyada fatte pelenge..