Wednesday, July 26, 2006

travelogue

BWI - Neewark

The only thing I can say is do not fly US airways unless you realy like joy rides. I had resorted to ramramramram...maramaramaramara in between. The most jerky flight experience for me in those small aircrafts.

Neewark-Mumbai

Everytime I travel, I hope that this time my fate will be like SRK or Aamir or goddamn any hero and there will be a nice, beautiful, cute or MSR (golu's favorite type) next to me and my flight will be over in no time...I will spend the entire time talking to her...she will turn out to be a Oriya (I know it's far fetched, but if I were to dream why not dream for the most ideal situation!!)..We will exchange phone nubmers..baat aage badhegi and blah blah blah..

The important thing is this never happens and I end up cursing all the movie makers of the world..I enter the waiting area for my flight and in the entire space there was just one good looking girl (GLG)..now the probability of her sitting next to me is very acute (for your info Boeing 747 has 385 EC, 24 BC, and 12 first class seats...you can do the calculations...if not then you are intellectually not developed enough to be reading my blog!!)..Thats why I did not feel very bad when next to me, sat a fat dark gulti girl...I took out "A heart-breaking work of staggering genious" and started reading it..

The next few lines will describe situation in a Air India flight..

Guy 1: I can already see it is going to be a bad flight..I can not stand this smell..Air India sucks..
(The bathroom stinks..it did not help that I was on the row just next to bathroom)

Air plane announcement: Please remain seated, pull your chair to upright position, we are about to take off.

Many people still continue to open the over head luggage compartment, some are walking I do not know why?? May be they wanted to get out..the crew should have simply thrown them out but instead they went to each one of them and politely explained them the situation..after two three iterations everybody was seated and then the plane took off..

Air plane announcement: We are arriving at Paris. We have a 1.5 hours stopover here. The passengers who are with us till bombay are kindly asked to remain seated. Please do not use the toilet during this time as crew is coming up to clean it and the water pressure will be not there for some time for flushing.

As soon as the plane lands, people queue outside the toilets. As I was next to the toilet I was very scared. If flushing does not work I will have to deal with the smell. Any ways people use it..flush does not work. They have to call up people to fix it. The take off is delayed.

The guy next to me aptly put the whole situation in words.."If you ask an Indian not to think of Pink elephant, he will think of a nice pink elephant"..I dont know why he chose pink elephant but I agreed wit him.

The clean-up team which had come up to clean the plane was also pretty mad because people kept roaming around affecting their efficiency..It did not help that they did not know english..

After a long time (at least it seemed like a very very long time) the plane landed in Mumbai..Again everybody started taking off their stuff from the over head cabin before the plane had come to a halt...people were trying to get out as quickly as possible..In between there was this female cursing Indian mentality saying she should be allowed to leave first as she is with an infant..started praising How other air-lines take care of it..middle age whinning females are very irritating..

Any ways I get out and, whoa!! the GLG is standing right next to me..But from close up I saw that she is not that maal..I was happy that I actually did not go through the pain of calculating the probability of sitting next to me and it would have been worthless..

Bombay-Hyderabad

Very short flight..though it was delayed bt 50 minutes..But the most painful part of flight to India is the baggage claim..This was the third time and never has it taken less than an hour..there was a guy from Suadi Arabia, who was very frustated and kept saying in saudi arabia it takes only 5 mins..I want to be proud of India and being Indian but these things are kind of reality check..

The only satisfaying thing after all this is that I get home and have a nice cup of tea with my dad and we talk about my new born nephew who I am going to see this weekend or early next week..

2 comments:

Golu said...

Maaaaaaaa tujhe salaam :)

As SRK put it...I love my India!

Anonymous said...

Watch out what you say abt gulti girls, okay. :)

-
Sanketh