Sunday, October 23, 2005

One night in the lockup

"One night in the lockup and your lives will change for ever"

At 3am in the morning these words were uttered by a cop to me and my roommates and that resulted in the end of the fun party we had at our place - the house warming. I had heard that term a lot here and to me this sounded more fun than the more familiar "Gruh-Pravesham Pooja". So when we moved into our new house we decided to throw a house warming party.

It required some convincing to make PST (the old daddu of our house) agree to the idea. Then it was a case of just calling all your friends and we ended with a 80-odd strong list. While buying alcohol for the party my room-mates were very excited to discover what they call "daru ka walmart". Daddu was for a change happy that we were having the party...

The day came and it was all going as expected ..the house was crowded...alcohol flowed..nice music playing...the old cranky neighbor complaining about the noise..and then it happened!! Golu got drunk..now the guys who have seen him drunk will understand the impact he has on a gathering while he is drunk..He had a big "panchayat session" and it was lot of fun..and while all this was going on our neighbor kept complaining and calling the cops, the cops arrived once to warn us, hopkins security came and asked us to make sure nobody is outside so that we dont get into trouble, the cops came again and thought we were not making enough noise. But then our neighbours persistence paid of and the cops decided to stop our party at 2:30 am. And after getting all the guests out of the house the cop came up with the line while asking us not to repeat this mistake -

" You guys know right!! One night in lock-up and your lives will change for ever"

The funny thing was the affect this had on golu. Just two minutes ago this person couldn't stand on his feet and now was in total control of himself. After the cops left he was like "man this is the best medicine to get of high"...

10 comments:

nag said...

thts kewl...it might have been a very exciting party...

Golu said...

1) main daru nahin maarta
2) put word verification bey.... it will stop all these random postings

Golu said...

Also i think the exact dialogue was.."One night in the lockup is enough to change your lives"

Roman said...

I can imagine golus reaction perfectly :)
And yeah...put word verification!

Roman said...

I can imagine golus reaction perfectly :)
And yeah...put word verification!

Anonymous said...

Greetings Panda Pondering, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for work at home mums. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - work at home mums. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Panda Pondering, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Panda Pondering, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for home based business. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - home based business. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Panda Pondering, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Panda Pondering, why can't more sites be as good as yours!!! You see I am changing my life at the moment and I have decided to start a work from home moms site. I am trying to get inspiration so I can become easier to talk to. You site has given me some ideas. I talk to a wide range of people and I need to relate to everyone I come across so thanks for your posts! The title 'this post' caught my eye so I thought I'd post on this one. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Panda Pondering, I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog.

I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - work from home in the uk - check it out and see what you think.

Anyways Panda Pondering, you have a good site. I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Panda, Good Blog !!
Golu , i missed the Look on your face ..ummmmmmmmmm!! His reaction is genuine ;)
Anyways , everyone now know what 2 do if any one wants you to get him on his foots after High...

You go panda !!!